This document explains Margaret Morris Movement International Limited's (MMMI) obligations concerning the gathering, storage and deletion of personal information of its members, officers, volunteers and employees to ensure no information is collected, stored or transmitted unlawfully.
What is data?
Data is information that identifies an individual as a person and includes names, contact details, images and video.
Who collects and controls the information?
- The information will be collected and processed by MMMI and will always be requested by the Administrator, Membership Secretary, officer or Director on headed paper. This may be by post or email.
- If you are asked for information from someone who appears to be working or acting on behalf of MMMI and are unsure of the legitimacy of the request you should always check with MMMI before giving any details.
What information will be collected?
MMMI will store the information on the application forms which includes:
- Name, address, phone number and email address: This is so MMMI can contact you.
- Class teacher and Colour achieved: MMMI will store your class teacher and colour so we know who your class teacher is and your level of achievement.
- A record of phone calls, emails or other communication may be collected so MMMI can deal with your enquiries, requests and complaints.
- Examinations: If you take exams MMMI will store your exam results, your teachers name, date and venue of the exam. This is for your future reference, duplicate certificates and MMMI accreditation and historical value. Your age will be recorded where exams have an age restriction.
- MMMI will collect details of transactions through MMMI Administrator and web site for the fulfilment of your orders of books, CDs and other MMMI items in stock.
- MMMI will collect information or material that you post or contribute to the MMMI website and social media (see social media below).
How will the information be used?
- MMMI will use the information to maintain its data bases to send you information that you need to participate in classes, courses and events.
- MMMI will use the information collected for the purposes it was collected for and will not use it for any other ‘incompatible’ purpose.
- MMMI may use anonymised statics for internal and financial analysis, reporting, evaluation and quality assurance.
- Historical value: MMMI has a long legacy and information and images that may have historical value will be archived for future reference.
How will MMMI communicate with you?
- MMMI will use the contact details provided on your application forms.
- Group emails: will always blind copy information emails.
- MMMI will not make any automated pre-recorded marketing calls without specific prior consent.
- MMMI will allow their number (or an alternative contact number) to be displayed to the person receiving the call.
- MMMI will stop sending emails to anyone who objects or opts out of receiving them.
- You can ask MMMI to stop sending newsletters or communications by emailing or writing to the Administrator who will remove you from the distribution lists.
Where is the information stored?
- All digital information you provide is stored on secure servers and hard copies are securely stored.
- MMMI operates globally and data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for MMMI or for one of our suppliers or partners.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure which is one of the reasons MMMI asks that Membership forms and application forms are sent in as hard copy.
- MMMI will do its best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our web site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Once MMMI has received your information, it will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- By sharing your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How long is the information held for?
- MMMI will store Membership information for 6 years after membership was ceased and Constitutional members' details for 10 years after resignation has been received in writing.
- MMMI will store all other information for as long as it is required unless there is a legal obligation to keep it for longer.
Will MMMI share my data with anyone else?
- MMMI does not share or buy data from third parties.
- MMMI will not share your personal details with any third party unless consent has been given or there is a legal duty to disclose or share it.
- As a worldwide organisation MMMI may share your contact details with another registered MMMI teachers if it going to be used for similar purposes.
- If you have given permission for MMMI to take and use photographs, MMMI may use those images for promotion, web site, social media and pass them onto MMMI approved third parties for promotion of MMMI.
- Unforeseen circumstances. There may be situations whereby the family of a deceased member requests information or images of a MMMI member. MMMI will supply that information as long as adequate proof of relationship is provided.
Can I see what information MMMI holds about me?
You can request a copy of your personal information held by MMM, however there will be a £10 processing fee. Applications should be made to the Administrator.
Can MMMI delete my data?
It is within your rights to have all of your data deleted; however you must understand the repercussions:
- If you ask MMMI to delete your contact details MMMI will not be able to send you any information, in any form, regarding classes, courses, special events that you might be interested in.
- MMMI will not be able to re-issue any certificates.
- MMMI will not be able to provide evidence backed references for example references for dance schools, job applications etc.
- Shared material: MMMI can remove information or images from its own web site and social media but It cannot remove information or images where the information has been shared and is beyond MMMI's control.
How does MMMI store my payment details?
- MMMI does not store any financial details.
- MMMI will only use information you have provided and have given permission to use.
- Class details and contact details in the public domain: MMMI is not responsible for any inappropriate emails, text message, phishing or marketing that may result from your details being in the public domain. You are advised to use work related contact details and not your home or personal details.
- MMMI will store information or material that you post or contribute to our site e.g. blogs and case studies etc.
- Web sites collect information such as your IP address, browsing actions and patterns to make your online time more effective and productive. This information does not identify you as an individual.
- MMMI may collect this information to make the website more effective, user friendly and better suited to its users.
MMMI, like other organisations, might obtain information about general usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They enable MMMI to deliver a better website and better browsing by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie does not give MMMI access to your computer or any information about you but makes your use of the website easier. Cookies enable MMMI:
- To estimate the audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches
- To recognise you when you return to our site
Your privacy on Social Media
- If you use social media MMMI may reply and/or contact you via your personal accounts.
- Please be aware of what you post on social media as the professional standing and reputation of MMMI is paramount.
- MMMI has the right to block anyone from any MMMI page or group.
- MMMI may share posts, images or material that you post or contribute to MMMI Social Media sites with other Social Media sites.
Collecting Children’s data
- MMMI does not collect membership data from children under the age of 16, even with parental consent.
- If a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that his or her child, or ward, has provided MMMI with personal information without their consent, he or she should contact MMMI immediately.
- If MMMI becomes aware that a child under 16 has provided MMMI with personal information without such consent, MMMI will delete such information from their files.
Images of children
- Photographs and video of children can only be taken and shared with parental permission.
- MMMI may use images of children for the website, marketing, the magazine, but not social media.
- MMMI has no control over images shared privately between children and parents/guardians.
- It is highly important to protect the privacy of children on-line and MMMI encourages parents or guardians to spend time on-line with their children to participate in and monitor their online activities related to MMMI.
You can raise a concern about our information rights practices here www.ico.org.uk or by calling 0303 123 1113.
- End of Privacy Notice -